Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Our Simple Centerpieces




These will be the centerpieces for the tables. In the first picture the glass gems look a bit yellowed, but they really aren't. There are white pearly ones, white frosted, and clear. Inside the heart are also purple ones.
This is a very simple design, and pretty inexpensive.

MATERIALS:
I bought some platinum look chargers from Big Lots (12 for $18), but I will only be using 9 for the centerpieces. Glass hearts from Dollar Tree (9 for $9), floating candles from Michael's ($4), lots of glass gems from Michael's and Big Lots($22) and purple square place mats from Dollar tree (9 for $9).

Comes out to approx. $7 for each setting. 9 settings in all. Not bad, but I really thought it was going to come out to less. That's one of the biggest reasons why I didn't opt for flowers....budget! I love the look of flowers, and I'm not a big fan of fake flowers, so I went with a candle theme. Plus, having flowers means florist ($) or if you do it yourself it could mean having to stress buying flowers days before the wedding AND keeping them preserved. I really don't want to have any extra stress the week of my wedding. I just want to concentrate on me, and since we are basically doing all the decorating ourselves, I went with something simple, sturdy, easy, and something that has no shelf life.
So....ta-da! Centerpieces are all done a year before the wedding, with minimal assembly required the night before.

That's what I'm talkin' about!

No comments:

Post a Comment