Thursday, August 13, 2009

My DIY Map for Invitations

I made a DIY map for my invites. You know, I don't even know if I will end up using these or not. I read about these "Do It Yourself" maps on another site (don't remember which one....sorry) and thought it was such a CUTE idea! And it seemed to me that making and printing them would be like spending next to nothing. I mean, you just get a map of your location areas, draw it in whatever fashion you would like (I went for the "cutesy" look) and then scan and print. Costs next to nothing!
What I actually did was make a collage using 2 of these maps by putting one on top of the other so that I could get 2 maps out of a single 8 1/2" x 11" paper( not pictured). That way they could fit in the invite also.
I don't know.....maybe I'll use them. Or maybe at the very least I'll use them for the guests that I know don't know the area. Awww....what the heck. If I do THAT, I may as well send them to everyone. Well, we'll see. Whatever I end up deciding, I had lots of fun making them and am very satisfied with the results.
On to the next project............

4 comments:

  1. I'm drawing my own map too. I can't wait to start working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove your map! It's soo fun looking and just cute!Do you know what site it is?


    www.sweetoctoberlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, sorry....but I didn't make it from a site ....I actually just did it by looking at a map and "cute-sing"it up. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute, what a good idea!

    ReplyDelete