Friday, August 14, 2009

My DIY Save The Date Cards






These are just a few of our Save the Date cards. It started off with me just making a bunch of samples to have printed at Walgreens to see how they would come out. All I did was make a collage of the two pics, then added the wording. I made them so that 2 STD cards would print onto one 4" x 6" print. I would then cut them in half and glue a magnet on the back (haven't done that yet). I made so many different samples, that all together they were all I needed for all of my guests. So I thought, what the heck? I may as well just use all the different samples I had. Who says they all have to be the same? So that is what I will do.
Anyways, they came out great! I had them printed for .10 for each 4" x 6"print. Picked them up, so no shipping. For 50 Save the Dates it ended up costing $2.50. Magnets were $0.95 each pkg. from Walmart...so I bought 2 which was more than enough for my project. So $4.40 total to make 50 Save the Dates.
Still need envelopes, but I will be looking at thrift stores for a bulk of envelopes. I've seen them there before.....or maybe even make my own. OH....do I smell a new project?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your idea!!! We are also trying to save money for this one day event without making it look cheap! It looks like you have wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete