Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'm Not Keeping Much From My Wedding.....

(image by erinchris Photography)


I know that it's customary to keep your wedding dress. To pay extra money to have it preserved in a box. To keep the top layer of the cake for your 1st anniversary (ewww), and to pay yet even more cash to preserve the gosh darned bouquet.
Well, I'm not saving any of those. I will sell my dress on Craigslist or Ebay, eat all I can of my wedding cake, and throw my actual bouquet at the bouquet toss. I consider myself to be a sentimental kind of gal, but I really don't feel the need to take up a bunch of extra space with stuff that's just going to sit there. Will my daughters or granddaughters ever wear the dress that I wore? I seriously doubt it.
Pictures, scrapbooks, videos, our rings and each other are all I will need. These are all easily handed down to the next generation without imposing. Yes, even each other can be handed down as long as we're cremated or made into diamonds. Have you ever heard of that? Being made into diamonds when you die? Well, if you haven't, check this out: LifeGem Cool stuff!

Well, I think I've gone off track.....I do that from time to time......ok....often!

No comments:

Post a Comment