Thursday, November 5, 2009

Purple Pitchers

I found these purple pitchers at a dollar store near my home. As soon as I saw them, I knew I had to have them. Even though they are plastic, how can you beat $1 each? And they're so pretty. I love the way they sparkle when light hits them.
I bought 9 of these (one for each table except ours) and figure we'll have them so that our guests can have water with ice close at hand. And can you believe that I grabbed the last 9 of these in purple? It was meant to be.
We are planning on hiring someone (hopefully a friend of a friend) to do things like pick up guest's plates, walk around and fill water pitchers, etc. I've looked on Craigslist, and have seen people who do this for $15/ hour. Not bad....we can deal with that. I really don't want my family/guests having to work at our wedding. I just want them to sit back and enjoy. We are having a taco buffet for food, thus no waiters.
We will have a glass pitcher at our table, which I already bought from DD's for $3.95.
Originally, we were going to buy water bottles, put a water bottle wrap on them and put them in a tub....but I think this new idea will be what we end up going with. Either that, or we will have the water bottles, and have guests use pitchers for punch/other drinks at the tables...? I don't know....we'll figure something out. I'm so easily confused.
How will your water be served at your wedding?

6 comments:

  1. Those pitchers are pretty darn fab. I think Prince himself would approve.

    So you are going to hire waiters to refill the buffet and what not? I've been debating what to do about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the buffet itself will be taken care of by the catering company we're hiring to provide it, but that will be the extent of their "catering". Buffet only. So anyone we hire will take care of anything outside of that.
    Thanks for the compliment on my pretty purple lovelies! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great find! Those are so cute and sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute pitchers and a great price! My main color is purple too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome find and great deal as usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure why not? Purple is a great color. You could even put stickers of your monograms or ribbons on the pitchers.

    Water was covered by the restaurant. But I did personalize water bottles for people at the ceremony (it was a hot and steamy August day). It was a hit and very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete