Sunday, September 6, 2009

My DIY Wedding Thank You Cards

Ok....so this project was a bit time consuming, but I think it was worth it.
I'll give you the rundown on how I made this:

(1) I sketched a cartoonish picture of us by going to some other sites to see how they did cartoons of people that I thought looked similar to us.

(2) I scanned the sketch and saved it as an image. I then opened it with Windows Paint to color it in.

(3) Painting it was the most time consuming. Not easy to color inside the lines using my mouse as navigation......but I finally finished it.

(4) I then used a collage application in Picasa to put 2 pictures together side by side to make the front and back of the card.

(5) All that was left was to add words of sentiment to finish the product. I haven't printed this card out yet, but that's next. I think when I print it out on my printer, it won't be as brilliant a color as it is here. I'll print it soon, and then publish the result.

So....what do you think? Is it ok, or kinda childish looking? I was looking for a happy, fun look.

No comments:

Post a Comment