Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ghost Chairs- WOW!

What an awesome idea! I just barely saw these for the first time today. Of course, we couldn't possibly afford to rent these for our reception.....but I can dream, can't I?
So beautiful.....
So clean and elegant..........
I really do love the look..........
......and there's absolutely no need for chair covers!

These chairs are manufactured by Kartell and designed by Phillipe Starck. There are actually 3 different styles of chairs like this. The first is called the Kartell classic Louis ghost ($410 to purchase!) , the second is called the Victoria ghost chair ($330), and the third is the La Marie ($305!).

Here's a place I found in California that rents the Louis version of these gorgeous chairs for $12.00 each:

Baker Party Rentals

So what do you think? Cool, right?

Picture credits: Pure Contemporary, TaylorCreative.com, Manolo for the brides, bryanjeanphotography.com

8 comments:

  1. I saw these for the first time last week on a show. I thought they were sooooooo awesome. I didn't even know these existed and the clear one would fit so well with my crystal theme. Ooohhhhhh, if only they were not so expensive. Well we can always dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I absolutley love your blog because I'm also on a 2,000-3,000 dollar wedding. I'm wondering what your plans are for food. Will you be getting a cater?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chairs are super cool. But I am wondering how comfortable they are? Sometimes you sacrifice comfort at the expense of design...so maybe it's better they're not in your budget? I'm sure your wedding will be amazing even without ghost chairs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool - but $12 a chair is highway robbery. Grrrr

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOO awesome. I love how that chair cover feels like it's just floating in mid-air...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are cool! I sprung for the "fancy chairs" for our reception, but the more I think about it, the more they are completely unnecessary. It's not too late to change my mind . . .

    ReplyDelete